Sunday, January 7, 2024

Who am I?

I shared this on FB yesterday after these two separate posts appeared on Instagram within minutes of each other. Friends’ responses were largely far more understanding of the situation than mine, and most said they’d let their kids go to Israel right now or would go themselves. They said they felt safe there. They spoke of their devotion to Israel and their desire to participate in its survival.

***

I remain completely stymied by the juxtaposition of war and tourism, and I guess that’s on me and my upbringing and conditioning.

If I I had a spirit animal, it would be an opossum. 

Divert and hide.

Avoid violent situations.

There are no trusted adults nearby with their shit together enough to be of meaningful use.

There is no safe place to run to, so develop opossum skills and stay away from chaos when possible.

It has been an interesting time of renewed self-discovery, and increased understanding about why I am who I am, with attachment issues and a queasiness about nationalism that has not ncreasingly pervaded my sense of being in the world.

If I don’t feel a strong allegiance to anything, then who and what am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment